Friday, February 4, 2011

Letter to my heart

Oh my heart. My precious, gullible, too trusting heart. When will you learn that not every guy you find yourself attached to is "the one"? When will you stop causing me grief because you lead me to believe he was better than the last guy? When will you finally allow your fellow organ and our rational partner, my brain, take over in relation matters so that we may no longer find ourselves in these disappointing situations?

My heart I know you want love, but what love is there to be found in something rushed? You can't honestly expect something permanent and long term with someone you've known for less than six months. Someone you might be leaving soon anyway. You yearn for companionship and comfort, I know. But you're going to have to wait. It sucks; seems like everyone around you has found what they are looking for and all you are left with is the grunge. Take solace in the fact we haven't even really explored our world. Be patient with me because I intend to take you to wondrous places where there are plenty of other hearts out there that yearn just like you. It'll happen soon. I promise.

Please my heart no more. I can't take your crying and your heaviness. I can't stand the longing you feel. I don't want the disappointment you so strongly pump through me every time he says and/or does something that hurts you. I just need to breath for a little while. So be light. Let our head take over so you can rest. Your mate is out there and we will find him. Just give me time to get my bearings and let me breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that just like a theory is not a law, an opinion is not fact. It is simply our view of how we see a certain situation. If you choose to comment please do so respectfully.